Senior Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Anywhere - remote work
- Working on back-end and front-end of web applications: designing, implementing and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable code.
- Advocating and implementing the best practices in our projects: pair programming, code reviews, feedback, coding patterns, testing, writing high-quality code, knowledge sharing.
- Close cooperation with our Operations department, supporting our company’s growth, making important technical or non-technical decisions.
- Constant growth - trying out new technologies and tools, having time dedicated to research and development activities.
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby’s API and the language’s nuances.
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails with understanding of the framework’s mechanisms and best development practices.
- Competent at independent architecting of web applications and taking technical decisions within the team.
- Hands-on experience in design, development, testing, debugging and performance-profiling all layers of web applications.
- Has a solid understanding of:
- Object-Oriented Programming,
- Software Design Patterns,
- Best coding and development practices,
- Distributed systems architecture,
- Web applications security,
- Amazon Web Services in practice.
- Business-oriented SysOps driven towards cost-effective ways of hosting apps and development of blazingly fast static-content applications with dynamic functionalities.
- Great communication skills in English.
- IT communities member (both online and offline) and avid learner opened for new technologies. Popular IT blogs subscriber, always up-to-date with IT-related news.
- Able to work remotely, transparent in everyday communication with a team and clients.
- Positive attitude and willingness to develop both technical and soft skills.
- Proactive IT passionate engaged in everyday tasks. Software development professional who cares about project lifecycle management.
- Ruby 2.x
- Ruby on Rails 4.x / 5.x
- SQL and NoSQLs Databases (Postgres, Redis)
- HTML5, CSS3
- React, Vue, Ember, Angular
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud platforms
* Please reference that you found the job on Remojobs.com